Mar. 19, 2017
Going Back in Time
Recently, adults with autism were asked one simple question. If they could go back in time and tell their parents something what would they say? We received plenty of different answers and all of them made me really think - Am I doing enough for Dian? I think it's important for us to learn from what people with autism can tell us so we are always making the world a fairer, more enjoyable place for everyone. Here's what we were told:
2. Don't try to change me
3. Encourage me
4. Play with me
5. I may not answer you but I'm listening
6. I love you
7. Thank you for doing your best
8. Don't be afraid of what other people think of us as a family
9. Don't stop me stimming
10. Why are you so afraid of me having Asperger's?
11. Don't ground me for my meltdowns I'm not an attention seeker
12. Why do you have to hurt me
13. I am sorry for not being able to communicate mum
I'd like to thank Autisticville for helping me with this blog post, I really appreciate it. You can follow them on Twitter and Instagram @autisticville.